Pain is an unpleasant feeling, which is the sensory nerve impulse transmit to the brain by sensory neurons.
Pain arises initial several factors:
Trauma is a major cause
Arise from an illness
Frequently is, associated psychological disorder such as depression or hormone imbalance and may even occur in the absence of a recognizable activate factors
Pain more often is more than a pain sensation, or the physical awareness; it also includes perception, the subjective interpretation of the discomfort.
The various conscious and unconscious responses to both sensation and perception, including the emotional response, add further definition to the overall concept of pain.
In the West early-recognized Acupuncture starts with acupuncture can release pain and interested in searching how does acupuncture able release the pain. Following the West research result; conclusion is mysteries or uncertainty.
ACU treatment can release major factors causing pain symptoms, however, the significance ACU treatment can cure many different type of illnesses.
According to neurosciences the stimuli: included the mechanical, thermal, and chemical substances stimulated the sensory neurons (receptors)—in which are activated the skin receptors, the muscle and tendon spindles, or/and the receptors in the blood vessel, joint or periosteum and via the reflexes mechanism reacted to the CNS and the local nerve tissues and organs; in general the result of the lesion the body response is pain. In this case the pain sensation moreover is cause by injury that lesion to the body wall tissues.
The lesion nerve impulses are via afferent convey to Brain stem and Thalamus. In which transmits the information to three specialized areas within the Brain:
- The somatosensory cortex, which interprets physical sensations
- The limbic system, which forms a border around the brain stem and governs emotional responses to physical stimuli
- The frontal cortex, which handles thinking.
In addition to receiving or/interpreting pain signals, the brain responds to pain sensation by activating parts of the nervous system that send natural pain-relieving chemicals: including serotonin, endorphins, and enkephalins e.g. attempt releases the pain or balancing the nerve function.
Technically there is numerous ways to release pain such as intakes medication, relaxation, resting or physical exercises, or/different type of therapeutics e.g..
ACU treatment is one of the natural treatments for pain released.
The great achievement of pain released is not dependent upon released a single factor the illness can be cure: such as conversation or relaxation without withdrew the stimulation factors, the pain factor is remained and the symptom will reoccur. Morphine can immediately stop the pain but created more pain in long run.
Any type of therapeutics require go with the pathophysiology sciences: remove the original etiology factor, all the illness need time to heal got to following the illness healing processes, simple easy treatment not of necessity can achieve the result, a severe trauma take times to heal and require special care and management.
Trauma causing pain mostly is lesion to the skin, joints and muscles, and the walls of internal organs. Pain results from damage of the nervous system usually may involve the central nervous system (the brain and spinal cord); the peripheral nervous system (the spinal nerve that leading away from the spine to the limbs, included the 12 pairs of cranial nerves); or both.
Pain varies in intensity and quality. It may be mild, moderate, or severe. In terms of quality, it may vary from a dull ache to sharp, piercing, burning, pulsating, tingling, or throbbing sensations; for example, needling into the Jing-Well point is different from the pain of touching a hot iron, even though both injuries involve the same part of the body.
A strong needle stimulation the nerve cells in the dorsal horn transmit the pain message rapidly, if a gentle stimulation from the needle the pain signals are transmitted along a different set of nerve fibers at a slower rate.
When the body is in illness or/menstruation period time, the body may produce some chemical substances the pain sensation could be not the same. So, the fundamental knowledge still involved to stimulus-sensory neuron-reflexes mechanism.
Acupuncture is one affective formed medical treatment in pain released. The needle is used as a stimulus stimulated the skin, the muscles, the joints, the periosteum and blood vessel receptors, through the reflexes mechanism react to or response to the CNS or/ANS, and effect to the body tissues or/organs.
Those complicated needling methodology are not simple factor as injection morphine able to interpret; relaxation is one section of the acupuncture management, which is mainly focuses on released the emotional and psychological factors only, the correct ACU treatment requires medical science and combination with needle techniques.
The essential ACU TREATMENT for pain released:
- Relaxation—focuses on relaxes CNS and ANS
- Removed the obstructive tissues in which obstructed the neurovascular pathway especially in the head neck and scalp point
- Improved the lesion nerve tissues recovery and allowed the nerve innervated to the body tissues
- Correct the malformation removal the chronic inflammation postural position and return to original parenthesis function
- ‘Produce low seal acute inflammation’ to heal the lesion wound
- Adequate needling techniques stimulated the sensory neuron activate the nerve impulse to heal the lesion nerve tissues and rebuild the loss function neural pathway
- Acupuncture for pain released essentially is released the tension in
* Skin—targeted on dermis papillae and reticular level needling depth 0.5cm; gentle needle technique and retention needle 15min
* Muscle—ACU point is at origin, belly and insertion of muscle
Focuses on the spindles in the muscle or tendon
Gentle needling into the point into the skin the side of the muscle or tendon retention needle in the point 15min severe muscle contraction may require needling into the belly of the muscle and longer retention needle time
If the muscle contraction initial CNS—motor cortex or upper motor neuron: the point selection following clinical finding; the K1 is, frequently, selected for treatment the mechanism is involved CNS via Flexion reflexes or Simple reflex arc to achieve the result
Other factors such as: Needling can balance the internal organ function and produce some chemical or electrical transmitter to heal the illness
- Skin and muscles is the large tissues in the body involving trauma factors lesion here is the tissues needle targeted on. The best needling method is needling into the skin and connective tissues.
In many instances the needle method is for
- Stimulation the receptors
- Released the obstructive tissues—in which obstructing neurovascular pathway
- Released muscles contraction—in which over stretching the vertebrae or joint
- Disorder in the muscles could cause of the nerve innervated into the muscles weakness or atrophy the result is degeneration
- After ACU treatment the nerve innervated into the skin and muscles, muscle regain coordinated movement, in this instances, which is able function properly. Over use and strenuous exercises before nerve recovery can cause severe inflammation
- The skin and muscles can cop with the stress only for a short period of time later muscles may starts degeneration at last sever syndrome occurring it may be too late to treat.
- A sever malformation body structure or incorrect body posture position continue compresses to the body tissues or neurovascular pathway without correcting the body postural position the pain symptom may remain; only completely return the correct body postural position the pain will release.
Above is more considered the traumatic factors lesion to the body wall tissues ACU treatment can release many different type of pain and illness: as internal organs pain symptom requires balance sympathetic and parasympathetic function to released the pain.